Monday, April 11, 2016

My 11 Month Old

This time last year I was counting down the final weeks for the arrival of my boy. So hard to believe that now I am counting down the weeks to his first birthday. 11 months old.

Levi's current stats are as follows: He weighs 18.7 pounds, and is 29 inches long. He has six teeth and the seventh coming through now. He has the cutest little toothy smile these days. He has been doing the most adorable squinty eyed grin when he gets excited. I have yet to get a good picture of it. But it is just the cutest thing in the world. He is not walking yet. We thought he would be. He has the balance and the strength, but not the desire. He will just stand there balancing for over a minute, looking around and wondering what he should do. And then if he sees something that he wants, he will slowly lower himself to the ground, and crawl as fast as he can till he reaches his goal. He has been rambling lots of different sounds now. Dadadada, Bababa, occasionally I will here the mmmm sound. Yesterday he was repeating his dad when Cory was saying, "dada". It was very cute and it made Cory pretty happy.

He loves climbing up the stairs. Whether we are at home or at my parents house. He starts climbing but because he knows that somebody will always be right there, after a few steps he will turn around to give a big smile to whoever is watching him. Then he will go a few more and do the same thing. It is as if he is proud of what he is doing. In the last week he has taught himself to go down the stairs backwards. I am so impressed by him. I never worked on it with him. But I was just watching him on the stairs the other day and I could just see his little mind working as he tried to inch his foot over the edge. It took him a long time, and he was just thinking the whole time. But he did it. Since then he practices all the time and then looks up to find me and receive his praise. What a proud little face he wears.

He is so good at playing on his own. At the gym these days I can stick him in the kid's room and he will just play with the toys and walk around the furniture and look through the books. He loves reading. I love to watch him through the window, thoughtful and busy. So cute.

Since we are just getting over yet another cold/teething battle, we have been having some wonderful rocking moments in the night. I just pick him up and rock and cuddle him for a few minutes while he calms down before sticking him back in his bed. But sometimes I just love to sit there and hold my cuddly boy. He just doesn't sit and snuggle like that very often anymore so I have a hard time pulling myself away... even when it is 2:00. Don't get me wrong, I will be glad when we are back to consistently sleeping through the night. But because those late night moments are not all the time, I am able to love them and cherish them.

He has developed such personality. It is so fun to watch. He dances and laughs and plays and interacts so much. He makes the every day fun.

I never knew Levi could get cuter than the first moment I saw him. And yet, his cuteness is astounding. I never new I could love this little boy more and more with each day. And yet, I am astounded by that as well. His little smile, his little laugh, just makes my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...